GORILLAZ

Discussioni e notizie riguardanti i Bee Gees e/o i fratelli Gibb

Moderatore: Enzo

Rispondi
GIBEL2002

GORILLAZ

Messaggio da GIBEL2002 »

Si chiama ‘Plastic Beach’ il terzo album dei Gorillaz. In un’intervista rilasciata a Paul Morley per il Guardian, Damon Albarn ha dichiarato che il lavoro riflette “dystopian, British melancholia”. Il disco sarà fuori nel 2010 via EMI e prevede ospiti illustri come Bobby Womack, Barry Gibb (The Bee Gees), Snoop Dogg, Horrors, Mos Def e la Syrian National Orchestra. Il titolo è stato scelto da Albarn pensando alla spiaggia vicino alla sua casa di Devon, sfortunatamente piena di bottiglie di plastica.
MASSIMO BOSI

Messaggio da MASSIMO BOSI »

Damon Albarn è (o è stato) l'anima dei Blur, gruppo che gareggiava con gli Oasis per la leadership del Brit Pop nella seconda metà degli anni '90. Musicalmente è considerato un genietto (anche se io ho sempre preferito il gruppo dei fratelli Gallagher).

Col progetto Gorillaz da diversi anni Albarn sta sperimentando con successo raccogliendo ottimi frutti da un punto di vista commerciale e di approvazione da parte dei critici musicali.

la notizia della collaborazione col "nostro" Barry Gibb, se confermata (ma tutto il Web) ne parla, è una Grande Notizia e rappresenterà una ottima promozione per i colori Bee Gees, anche perchè i Gorillaz piacciono molto ai giovani.

Piuttosto, è curioso come i fratelli Gibb riescano a tenere nascoste collaborazioni così importanti. A meno che non sia una bufala...

Massimo.
MASSIMO BOSI

5 MARZO: esce il nuovo CD.

http://www.dgmag.it/musica/gorillaz-pla ... lbum-26438

Dopo mesi e mesi di conferme e smentite, il nuovo disco dei Gorillaz c’è. Almeno nel nome: Plastic Beach.

Il terzo lavoro della band tutta cartoni animati uscirà infatti il prossimo 5 marzo prima in Gran Bretagna, poi nel resto del mondo.

L’assaggio promette bene: il primo singolo estratto è infatti "Stylo", già in rotazione radiofonica e, dal 26 gennaio prossimo, anche in formato download.

Intanto ecco i nomi degi artisti che hanno collaborato a "Plastic Beach": The Horrors, Lou Reed, Mos Def, Snoop Dogg, De La Soul, Bobby Woomack, Barry Gibb dei Bee Gees e l'Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale Siriana.

Se volete saperne di più, non vi resta dunque che attendere meno di due mesi e poi tuffarvi nell’ascolto delle sonorità anni Ottanta targate Gorillaz.

Per la cronaca (musicale): un comunciato stampa ha spiegato che "la band ha preso residenza e registrato su un isola galleggiante a sud del Pacifico; è' un luogo formato da detriti, rottami e scarti dell'umanità. Chiamata 'Plastic Beach', è il punto più sperduto e più deserto della Terra". Complimenti per la fantasa.

La tracklist di Plastic Beach:

1. Orchestral Intro (featuring Sinfonia ViVA)
2. Welcome To The World Of The Plastic Beach (feat. Snoop Dogg and Hypnotic Brass Ensemble)
3. White Flag (feat. Kano, Bashy and The National Orchestra For Arabic Music)
4. Rhinestone Eyes
5. Stylo (feat. Bobby Womack and Mos Def)
6. Superfast Jellyfish (feat. Gruff Rhys and De La Soul)
7. Empire Ants (feat. Little Dragon)
8. Glitter Freeze (feat. Mark E Smith)
9. Some Kind Of Nature (feat. Lou Reed)
10. On Melancholy Hill
11. Broken
12. Sweepstakes (feat. Mos Def & Hypnotic Brass Ensemble)
13. Plastic Beach (feat. Mick Jones & Paul Simonon)
14. To Binge (feat. Little Dragon)
15. Cloud Of Unknowing (feat. Bobby Womack and Sinfonia ViVA)
16. Pirate Jet

MA DOV'E' BARRY? :shock: Solo autore?, no voce?
MASSIMO BOSI

Arming The Nation (featuring Barry Gibb and Bobby Womack)

è la canzone che, col contributo di Barry (e Bobby Womack), doveva far parte di Plastic Beach dei Gorillaz e che invece è stata probabilmente tagliata.

Diversi malumori si possono cogliere nel Web tra appassionati di musica non necessariamente fan dei Bee Gees. :roll:
MASSIMO BOSI

Damon Albarn, buffone! :evil:
mark palermo

Messaggio da mark palermo »

E'l'ennesima volta che accade una cosa del genere...prima sbandierano ai quattro venti la collaborazione coi bee gees e poi vengono cestinati..vi ricordate i Backstreet boys o quella pagliacciata con Keating ????
GIBEL2002

Messaggio da GIBEL2002 »

I Gorillaz hanno perso una grossa occasione.
GIBEL2002

Messaggio da GIBEL2002 »

Ma è confermato che è stata tagliata?
MASSIMO BOSI

Da questo estratto di intervista al leader dei Blur, se non ho capito male, i contatti tra Damon Albarn e Barry Gibb sono stati alquanto superficiali. Boh! :roll:

http://jp917.blogspot.com/2009/11/damon ... barry.html

PM: Hence Barry Gibb. What do you think he thinks of you?
Damon Albarn: He didn’t even know what Gorillaz was. And knows now.
PM: Did he know you?
DA: Who knows. He lives in Miami in a marble palace. Why should he know about me? [laughs] No, I don’t actually know, I haven’t spoken to him.
Bobby Womack had no idea but now we’re great friends. Snoop, because he’s [on] there, he knew about Gorillaz. He was a big fan. So it was very easy to get him. Lou Reed, he knew about me, Mos Def, I’ve known him for years. Well, Bobby Womack got into it because his youngest daughter was a big fan. So that’s how he got into it, and had it all explained to him. But I think Barry Gibb was was completely oblivious of everything. But you know, he’s Pop... [Damon searches for a term to describe Barry Gibb] what’s the most valuable thing on earth? [laughs] He’s that, isn’t he. He is on that pantheon of sublime Pop music. For whatever reason. PM: And what kind of kick is it for you to be able to do that? To tell your own history of popular music in a way?

DA: Well I didn’t get all of them. I didn’t get Engelbert Humperdink. But you know, you win some you lose some...
PM: But what kind of kick is it?

DA: Well it’s not as easy as you think, you get these people and you get the result. Because a lot of the time you can’t actually be with them when they’re doing it, and it’s actually, to start off with, a bit of an anti-climax. Because you’ve built it up and then you’ve got to work on the track, and edit, and turn it into something that works.
How will Barry Gibb's and Damon Albarn's falsettos sound on the same song? Then Albarn explained the concept of "Plastic Beach":
PM: I love that thing you were saying about Africa almost being futuristic, more futuristic than we think...

DA: It is. It’s our future. The first time I went to Mali I was taken to the huge great recycling market / massive rubbish landfill. And the way there, where they drop everything off this cliff, it’s this huge great valley that’s just full of rubbish and people are on there every day, in the 100 degrees, taking every little bit, a little bit of fabric to the fabric regenerators, or the metal and the cans to the ironsmiths and the aluminium recyclers, and it goes on and by the time you get to the road, they’re selling stuff. Then I went into a landfill outside London on Friday, I got permission, because you can’t just walk onto these things , to go and record the seagulls. Because plastic beach needs seagulls in abundance, all over the place. And I’d been recording them down on the beach that’s next to my house in Devon, where I got the idea for Plastic Beach, I was just looking for all the plastic within the sand, that’s where it came from. So I recorded them there. But I thought, I needed my dystopian seagulls so I went and recorded them but you know, this place obviously, having the juxtaposition of the Malian landfill and the way they’re dealing with it there, and here it was the wildlife that’s dealing with it... you know they’ve got more snakes... like adders, grass snakes, slow worms, toads, frogs, newts, all kinds of roadents, all kinds of squirrels, a massive amount of squirrels, a massive amount of foxes, and obviously, seagulls. Seagulls that they’ve tracked, that come from as far as away as Russia. This is part of the new ecology. And for the first time I saw the world in a new way. I’ve always felt, I’m trying to get across on this new record, the idea that plastic, we see it as being against nature but it’s come out of nature. We didn’t create plastic, nature created plastic. And just seeing the snakes like living in the warmth of decomposing plastic bags. They like it. It was a strange kind of optimism that I felt... but trying to get that into pop music is a challenge, anyway. But important. The two things that I’m really passionate about, obviously, are the effects of our waste, and the healing properties of Africa.
This is the best news from the Gorillaz camp that has come out in a while. Mostly unconfirmed collaborators have been announced but now the record has been titled "Plastic Beach", which when announced by De la Soul along time ago didn't seem like a good title.
GIBEL2002

Messaggio da GIBEL2002 »

Ho ascoltato il nuovo cd dei Gorillaz e confermo che non c'è il brano con Barry.
MASSIMO BOSI

8) Ancora sulla telenovela Gorillaz/Gibb...

http://delrock.it/news/2010-03/damon-al ... -oasis.php

Sul nuovo album Plastic Beach, uscito l'8 marzo, Albarn ha inoltre rivelato di aver provato, in fase di incisione del disco, a chiedere una collaborazione a Barry Gibb dei Bee Gees: "E' stato indeciso fino all'ultimo. Prima c'era, poi non c'era, poi c'era ancora. E' venuto addirittura nello studio di registrazione a Miami, ma quando è entrato si è fatto venire il mal di testa ed ha compromesso tutto. Peccato".

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2010/03/26/13 ... story.html

Damon Albarn was delighted when he recruited Bee Gees star Barry Gibb to sing on Gorillaz's new album - but was left disappointed when the veteran star cancelled his studio session at the last minute.

The former Blur frontman hired a string of guest musicians to appear on his band's latest record, Plastic Beach, including rapper Snoop Dogg, veteran rocker Lou Reed and The Clash stars Paul Simonon and Mick Jones.

Albarn admits he was ecstatic when Gibb also agreed to join in, but after finally getting the singer to the studio to record his vocals he backed out because of illness.

He tells Australian radio station Triple J, "He was doing it then he wasn't doing it then he was doing it again. He was going into a studio, it was a studio in Miami, then he got to the studio and decided he had an earache and that was the end of that."
GIBEL2002

Messaggio da GIBEL2002 »

Può darsi che a Barry non interessava quel tipo di collaborazione.
Rispondi